Monday, January 30, 2012

Top 10 interview questions (I wish I could ask)

1)      You specifically asked for the last 7-10 years of my work history.  10 years ago I was 15… do you really care about those 2 semesters I worked at Blockbuster Video?

2)       It’s 2012.  Do I really need to wear pantyhose for this? (ok ok I’ll wear them- just know this is the first and last time you’ll see me in a pair.)

3)      In order to look serious and professional, I have spent over an hour straightening my hair and coaxing it into a bun.  If I wore my hair down and curly (like it normally is) would you think I look unprofessional?         

4)      You are hesitant to hire me because I don’t have enough experience.  But how can I get experience if nobody hires me?!

5)      Everybody says you are supposed to follow up an interview with a hand-written thank you note; that is exactly what I’ll do.  But I wonder if you’re going to think its lame?

6)       I’m from Texas and we call people Ma’am or Sir- but since I’m not interviewing in Texas, does the same rule still apply?

7)      If we are at a panel interview and one party is participating via conference call, do I need to speak louder so the person on the phone can hear me, or will the people in the room think I’m yelling? 

8)      An interview demonstrates my ability to interview, it may not showcase all of my work skills….are you really going to follow up and call all of my references (I’m hoping you do!)

9)      I am about to leave 2 great supervisors and one fantastic team of colleagues.  Is my new team going to be just as good, or better, than my last one? 

10)   Would you please include more information about the job when you list it online? 

 

No comments: