Monday, April 16, 2012

Married life Month:1

So tomorrow John and I can celebrate our one month anniversary (do ppl actually celebrate month long anniversaries for being married?? John says no.  Ok we'll just try and remember the one-year mark) Tomorrow I'm also going to harass remind my (former) landlord about sending my security deposit...again.  This man is getting on my.last.nerve.   In the midst of all the frustration and going back and forth about what paperwork he claims is needed, my sweet husband gives me an "out". Just have him call me, he says.  I blinked (I can do that???)  The feminist in me saw this as a cop-out.  A year ago, I would have hated the idea of using a guy to fix something for me.... But when you're married to that guy, it's more like, he's fixing it WITH you.  So Mr. Landlord got a terse and final email on the subject, with John's number and instructions to contact him if there was a problem.   Still waiting to hear back from him, but it's nice to know that whatever happens, there is always someone on my side now.  Marriage is pretty cool like that :-)     

No comments: